Regular Season Schedule Information
Schedule: Each skater has been added to a team or a group in Crossbar and their schedule will be uploaded as available. If you haven’t already downloaded the Crossbar App, you should do this now as this is where your schedule will be found for the entire regular season. Schedules can be viewed from the “Family Calendar” in the Crossbar app or on the STMAYHA.org website as long as you are logged into your account. You can also use the app or website to view the schedule from the “Teams” page by clicking on the group your child’s name is attached to.
Important Points to Remember:
- Only attend the sessions for which your skater is scheduled, and if your skater cannot make it please let me know in advance.
- New Skaters and players at the levels of Junior Knights and Junior Hawks will continue to have practice with teams forming by early December.
- The biggest change from last year is the addition of the Junior Knights and Junior Hawks levels as a new format for skill building. This level is appropriate for both new and younger returning skaters.
Thank you and please reach out to Danielle Castro, Mite/8U Coordinator at email@example.com with any questions.
2021-2022 Mite/8U Registration
Open registration is now closed for the 2021-2022 season, however you may still reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to join the season.
8U Riverhawks who reside in Monticello and are registered through Monticello will need to create a Crossbar account and obtain a registration link from email@example.com in order to be added to the season calendar and communications.
2021-2022 Season Information
STMAYHA Mite hockey provides programs for boys and girls ages 5 to 9. Players must be 5 by June 1, 2021.
Boys (Mites) and girls (8U) will play separate from each other, however their level structure will be similar.
We have four (4) levels of play within the Mite/8U program and try to keep kids with their age group as much as possible, but will make adjustments in order to best place players with others at a similar skill level.
- Gold (boys and girls) – typically last year players and advanced skill level
- Blue (boys and girls) – typically last year and third year players
- Silver (boys) – typically second year players and new older players
- Junior Knights/Junior Hawks – typically first year players and young return players
The first official weekend of the Mite/8U season will be end of October. The season runs through the last week in February or first week in March depending on calendar year. During the first two weeks of season returning skaters are evaluated. Skaters will be placed in their skill level group for the season following evaluations.
- Gold/Blue/Silver teams formed Mid November
- Bronze teams formed by Early December
- Teams will be posted on the STMAYHA Website and communicated via email from the Mite Coordinator
- The number of teams at each level will be based on player registration numbers
All primary ice time is located at the STMA Ice Arena, with occasional ice time located at the Monticello, Moose Sherritt Ice Arena.
All skaters receive team jersey and socks after teams are formed that they keep at the end of the season.
After teams are formed, mite team managers will work with each of their teams to print last names on jerseys for those who are interested. This is optional and not required at the mite level.
Games & Practices
Early in the season the on-ice focus for all levels will be solely on skill development through practice. As the season progresses, we will move to one (1) hour per weekend of practice ice and one (1) hour per weekend of scrimmage ice
Practices will follow the USA Hockey Age Specific Practice Plans & Guidelines (ADM)
- Skills Stations
- Small Area Games
- Always Moving
- Scrimmages will be primarily half-ice
- Junior level will be cross-ice
- Gold level will play up to six (6) full-ice games after January 1st
- Gold and Blue levels will play some games/scrimmages against other associations
The Mite/8U regular season schedule is typically one (1) hour of ice each Saturday and Sunday between 7 a.m. -12:30 p.m. at the STMA Arena.
- Level ice times will be scheduled on a rotation each month, so morning time slots are distributed evenly across teams
- 8U teams may have ice at the Monticello Ice Arena periodically throughout the season
- Starting 2nd week of November going through February, both Gold and Blue levels will have additional skills practice each Wednesday night at the STMA rink
Tournaments & Jamborees
We expect to play jamborees at the Mite/8U level this season
Gold - Three (3) Events
Blue/Silver - Two (2) events
Junior Knights/Junior Hawks - One (1) event
Cost & Volunteer Requirements
All 1st Year Mite/8U Players are FREE this season!
All Returning Mite Players = $350
Additional cost based on placement level:
- Junior Knights/Hawks = None
- Silver Level = $40
- Blue Level = $85
- Gold Level = $125
Make sure to read our volunteer requirements before registration, including a buyout option. Those can be found in the Parent section under the Resources tab on our website.
Each skater will need a volunteer check turned in prior to being placed on a team. The check will be shredded once volunteer hours are complete.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can play hockey?
Boys and girls ages 5 (by June 1, 2021) and older. You must live in the boundaries of the STMA School District, or attend the STMA School District, to play STMA Hockey.
When do they play?
The season runs from October through March.
The schedules for hockey are different every week. There is no set schedule. Mites (9 and under) play in-house and traveling players play around the north and west metro along with tournaments around the state. There is no in-house program for 9 and above.
When do we get the schedule?
Schedules generally come out every 2-3 weeks. Games and tournaments are known ahead of time.
Do you provide equipment?
Unfortunately, we no longer provide equipment.
What if we don't pay?
Skaters will be removed from the ice until payment is made.
What if my child decides against participating?
STMAYHA will offer a refund minus any ice hours used.
STMAYHA Mite Parent Meeting 9/29/21 Presentation
2021-2022 STMAYHA Mite hockey provides programs for boys and girls ages 5 to 9. Players must be 5 by June 1, 2021.